Thursday 25 November 2010

You humiliate my soul



Patronising
Adj- (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension, behaving with an air of superiority.

I dare you

I dare you
to make my soul cower
just one more time

I dare you
to make me
in a throw-away moment
forget every kind word ever kissed
in my direction

I dare you
to make me ashamed
to have ever opened my mouth
and allowed words to fall out

I dare you
to package me off
with a pan and a brush


I dare you
to scream until I
attempt to sweep
my own small imploding limbs
and my
even smaller
imploding thoughts
into the
trashthat you decree equates to them

I dare you
to flick me aside
as a thing
which has failed to
inspire or impress you

I dare you to
pepper
my eyes
just one more time

Go on-I fucking dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conceal me in your draw-string bag,

all lily skin, iced heart and plaid.



Followers